With Invisalign aligners, you can brush and floss your teeth normally. It is recommended to remove the aligners before brushing and flossing to ensure thorough cleaning of your teeth and aligners. After cleaning your teeth, you can reinsert the aligners to continue the treatment.
Here are some tips for brushing and flossing with Invisalign aligners:
- Remove your Invisalign aligners before brushing.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Brush all surfaces of your teeth, including the front, back, and chewing surfaces.
- Pay special attention to the areas around the brackets and attachments.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water after brushing.
- Remove your Invisalign aligners before flossing.
- Use a floss threader or a special flossing tool specifically designed for Invisalign.
- Floss gently between each tooth, making sure to go below the gum line.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water after flossing.
It is important to brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day, and more often if necessary. You should also see your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings during Invisalign treatment.
Here are some additional tips for maintaining good oral hygiene with Invisalign aligners:
- Use a cleaning solution specifically designed for Invisalign aligners to remove plaque and bacteria from the trays.
- Store your Invisalign aligners in a clean, dry case when not in use.
- Avoid wearing your Invisalign aligners while eating or drinking.
- Follow your orthodontist’s instructions carefully for the best results.
By following these tips, you can keep your teeth and gums healthy while wearing Invisalign and achieve a beautiful, confident smile.